Re: NIH subcontract budget limitations Baumann, John 20 Sep 2001 16:51 EST

It sounds to me like R01s are being mixed up with SBIR applications.
SBIR Phase I applications restricts subcontracts to a third of requested
funds.

John R. Baumann, Ph.D.
Director
Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Support
University of Missouri -- Kansas City
5100 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64110

816.235.1303 (v)
816.235.1310 (f)
xxxxxx@umkc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Amy Hibbard [mailto:xxxxxx@KGI.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 11:09 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] NIH subcontract budget limitations

Hello all-
I'm preparing an NIH budget for an R01 that will have two Co-PI
subcontracts
and a consultant, all of which adds up to a hefty chunk of the final
budget.
I have in my Notes-To-Self a budget limitation that reads as follows:
"The
total amount of all consultant costs and contractual costs normally may
not
exceed 33% of the total costs requested."
Is this correct?  I searched around for something that listed the
limitations on subcontracts, but I keep going in circles.  Can anyone
give
me some information on this?
Thanks,
-Amy

"All power corrupts, but we need the electricity."

Amy Hibbard
Grants Administrator
Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences
535 Watson Drive, Claremont, CA 91711
T: (909) 607-9313 / 607-7855
F: (909) 607-8086
xxxxxx@kgi.edu