Re: Overnight carrier woes Debbie Smith 17 Sep 2001 14:42 EST

We have an institution-wide contract with Fed Ex (of course, they're right
here in town, but I don't know if that matters) and get GREAT rates
(especially if you do it on-line) and service.  We have a number of Fed Ex
drop boxes on-campus--I don't think we have to use them, but I'm sure the
rates don't work for pick-up service.

I trust your problems pre-date the recent service interruptions.

Debbie Smith

Deborah (Debbie) L. Smith, Ed.D.
Director, Research Administration
UT Health Science Center
8 So. Dunlap, Suite C-109
Memphis, TN  38163
(901) 448-4823
(901) 448-7600 fax
xxxxxx@utmem.edu

----- Original Message -----
From: Kris E. Rhodes <xxxxxx@UKY.EDU>
To: <xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 2:11 PM
Subject: [RESADM-L] Overnight carrier woes

Hello Colleagues,

We have been having some trouble with our UPS packages arriving at
recipient locations on time.  We track proposal receipt on a daily basis.

We are considering changing our carrier service to Airborne.  I would like
some general comments on your satisfaction with your carrier service.

We used Airborne about 8 years ago and we encountered a problem with
Airborne delivering NIH packages.  The problem was significant enough that
we changed to UPS at that time.

Thanks!

______________________________________
Kris E. Rhodes, Associate Director
Office of Sponsored Projects Administration
University of Kentucky
213 Kinkead Hall
Lexington, KY  40506-0057
Phone: 859-257-4826  Fax: 859-323-1060
http://www.rgs.uky.edu/ospa/ospamain.htm

You would think we work in a business where millions of
dollars and careers were on the line everyday
 - you know what, we do!