Re: curious Fastlane question Lisa Farese 05 Sep 2001 17:39 EST

 I print out the final proposal after submission.  I make one copy,
which I send to the PI, and keep the original in a central file.  I find
that I frequently need to look at or make a copy of just one piece of a
proposal and find it easier to pull it out of the file than to get it off
of FastLane.  It's true that FastLane is a wonderful system, but it's still
almost always simpler and quicker to get the paper copy.

 In addition, since I help most PIs edit and finalize the summary, the
project description, the bio sketch and the facilities form, I have those
parts of the proposal saved on my computer.  If someone needs a copy of
just the summary, for instance, it's much quicker to get to it through my
computer directory than through FastLane.

Lisa Farese
Pace University