Re: NSF Budget Revisions Farnsworth, Franci 24 Aug 2001 09:41 EST

I believe that NSF policy does not allow payment for regular academic year
time.   However, NSF funds can be used to fund faculty who are on reduced
salary due to sabbatical (or other) leaves, part-time status, etc. although
PI's are often advised by program officers not to budget for any academic
year time in RUI proposals (which most of ours are).    Although technically
we probably have the authority (under expanded authorities) to allow a
switch from summer to academic year salary, we usually require program
officer approval (email is fine) because some programs seem to be more
adamant than others about not allowing ANY academic year salary.

Frances Vinal Farnsworth
Coordinator of Sponsored Research
MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE
Munford House