Re: problematic contract clause Audrey Buck 10 Aug 2001 09:57 EST

Michael, you need to have this deleted out.  It is unacceptable.  If
problem doing this, have it modified.

Good luck,
Audrey

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Warnock, Michael J.
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 9:24 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] problematic contract clause

Does anyone out there have any experience with a somewhat similar
clause--252.204-7000?  This one really is a DFAR clause (reproduced
below).
Taken literally, the sponsor (Army) has complete control over what can
be
published and what cannot.  Have you run into this one in contracts?  If
so,
how did you address it (i.e., get it removed/modified to allow
publication
after some reasonable review)?

Thanks for any assistance.

Mike

252.204-7000   DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION (DEC 1991)
(a) The Contractor shall not release to anyone outside the Contractor's
organization any unclassified information, regardless of the medium
(e.g.,
film, tape, document), pertaining to any part of this contract or any
program related to this contract unless-

 (1) The Contracting officer has given prior written approval; or

 (2) The information is otherwise in the public domain before the
date
of release.

(b) Requests for approval shall identify the specific information to be
released, the medium to be used, and the purpose for the release. The
contractor shall submit its request to the Contracting Officer at least
45
days before the proposed date for release.

(c) The Contractor agrees to include a similar requirement in each
subcontract under this contract. Subcontractors shall submit requests
for
authorization to release through the prime contractor to the Contracting
Officer.

Michael J. Warnock, Director
Sponsored Program Administration
University of Missouri - Columbia