Re: Code on Allowable Time on Federal Grants ?? Charlie Hathaway 20 Jul 2001 10:39 EST

I am confused by both the initial question and the reply.  Are we talking about getting paid twice for the same time OR having one grant support work on a different project OR simply redefining one's "effort"?

At 09:54 AM 7/20/01 -0400, you wrote:
>This issue was grappled with many years ago now between NIH an dDept of Veterans
>Affairs. They ended up with a policy that utilized a Memorandum of Understanding
>between the VA and the Affiliated University/medical school  that outlines
>percent effort and salary to be allocated from grants administered by each
>insitution. A level above 40 hours per week couold thus be establishe but it was
>expected that this level would be reasonable ie no more than 60 hours per week.
>You can find the procedures to be followed in PHS 398 instructions - I.B.4
>Detailed budget for initial budget period. Kari

Charles B. Hathaway, Ph.D., Director
Office of Grant Support
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, NY 10461-1975
Phone: 718 430-3642     Fax: 718 430-8822
email: xxxxxx@aecom.yu.edu
http://www.aecom.yu.edu/ogs