Re: export control Rosemary Ruff 22 Jun 2001 09:01 EST

You don't say which export administrations so here are two links.  The
first is the International Traffic in Arms Regulations which can be found
at http://www.pmdtc.org/reference.htm#ITAR.  (These are administered by the
Department of State.)  The second is the Export Administration Regulations
which can be found at http://w3.access.gpo.gov/bxa/.  (These are
administered by the Department of Commerce.)

You need to look at your agreement to see which applies.  There may be
limitations on hiring but they will based on the nationality of the person
hired and the information to which that person has access, not by the
position classification (e.g., faculty, graduate student, technician).

If you have specific questions or I can help, feel free to call or email me
directly.

Rosemary

At 09:25 AM 6/22/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Could someone help me to find the US export law online?  Is there any way
>for us to hire graduate student under the export control clause?
>
>Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
>gina
>

>Gina Lee-Glauser, Ph.D.
>Executive Director of OSP
>Syracuse University