Re: Research Councils Hastings, Kari L 18 Jun 2001 07:19 EST

certificationa and assurances is another area that few seem to know about. I am
referring to the fine print on the checklist page  - debarment, lobbying, ADA,
discrimination, etc

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Sparklin [mailto:xxxxxx@UMBC.EDU]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 3:12 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Research Councils

Hi all

Do you have some type of entity on your campuses whose focus is to look
at the direction of policy and the research enterprise?  This committee
reports to a steering committee, but provides input to the variety of
senates on campus.

Our campus has just formed one (this is a university committee,
comprised of faculty, staff and students), and I'm looking for
additional ideas to bring to this committee for review.  Items of
interest so far: research infrastructure, best practices,
interdisciplinary research and scientific misconduct.

Helpful suggestions or sites to look at would be extremely appreciated!

Tim