Re: Sapelo Foundation Claire L. Carlson 08 Jun 2001 09:02 EST

This looks like the IRS Code to me -- I just had to look it up for an award
we received.  Section 170(c)(2)(B) of the IRS Code refers to organizations
that are "organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable,
scientific, literary, or educational purposes . . ."

Claire Carlson

At 08:13 AM 06/08/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Just received a small award from the Sapelo Foundation for some video work
>and there is a clause that I wonder if anyone can help me with.
>
>The contract refers to the following:
>
>  "...any grant which does not comply with the requirements of Section
>4945(d)(3) or (4) of the Code or to undertake any activity for any purpose
>other than one specified in Section 170(c)(2)(B) of the Code."
>
>My question - what Code?  The paragraph before discusses the non-profit
>status of our organization so I wonder if this is tax code?  Can anyone
>help me here?  Thanks.
>
>Mary
>
>Mary H. Watson
>Director, Grants and Contracts
>Room 215, Regional Center for Continuing Education
>Valdosta State University
>Valdosta, GA  31698
>
>229-333-7837 (phone)
>229-245-3853 (Fax)