Re: average workload for contract and grant administra tors Marie Smith 01 Jun 2001 06:23 EST

At IES I handle both pre and post and grant accounting.  I have one
assistant.  Currently we have over 200 open accounts, 45 subcontractors, and
have an average of 5 proposals a month go through my office.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Marie F. Smith
Manager of Grants Administration
Institute of Ecosystem Studies
PO Box AB, 65 Sharon Turnpike
Millbrook, NY 12545
Tel: 845-677-5343
Direct Line: 845-677-7600 x 202
FAX: 845-677-5976
E-mail: xxxxxx@ecostudies.org
http://www.ecostudies.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Atella,Mary [mailto:xxxxxx@RESEARCH.COLOSTATE.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 6:19 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] average workload for contract and grant
administrators

I'm interested to know (approximately) how many active awards a contract and
grant administrator handles at your institution as a typical workload.
Please also clarify how many C&G administrators you have on your staff, and
whether or not they also process proposals (in other words, do they handle
both pre- and post-award activities?)

Thanks in advance for your input.

Mary Atella
Director, Sponsored Programs Services