Re: Foreign subcontractors Mckeough, Pamela M 23 May 2001 11:23 EST

It depends on the start date of your award.   Prior to October 1, 2001, F&A
is/was not allowed for foreign institutions.  As of October 1, it will be.
See the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts announcement at
http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-01-028.html.

If prior to October 1, the regulation appears on page III-67 of the 1998 NIH
Grants Policy Statement (for awards issued prior to March 1, 2001) or page
241 of the 2001 NIH Grants Policy Statement (for awards issued March 1, 2001
or later).

Pam McKeough
Director, Sponsored Program Administration
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
Phone:  (317) 274-8285
E-mail:  xxxxxx@iupui.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Amy Hibbard [mailto:xxxxxx@KGI.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 11:14 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Foreign subcontractors

Good Morning!
Can anyone tell me if NIH allows F&A costs for foreign subcontractors?
Where can I find it in the policy statement?
Thanks,
Amy

"All power corrupts, but we need the electricity."

Amy Hibbard
Grants Administrator
Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences
535 Watson Drive, Claremont, CA 91711
T: (909) 607-9313 / 607-7855
F: (909) 607-8086
xxxxxx@kgi.edu