Re: career ladders in research administration Julie Cole 18 May 2001 15:29 EST
institutions looking into creating career paths for research administrators
and similar issues.  SRA is offering a senior leadership retreat in August
that will specifically address recruiting, training and retaining leaders
in research administration.  Hopefully a number of models and potential
solutions to this question will emerge from the discussions.  The program
is available at http://www.srainternational.org/cws/sra/retreat/main.htm

Best regards,

Julie

xxxxxx@ORSP.UMESP.MAINE.EDU wrote:

> The University of Maine is interested in restructuring our workforce
> to provide for clear-cut career ladders in research administration. I'd
> love to hear from those of you who have systems that proceed from
> Trainee to Research Administrator I (II, III, etc) or Grant Accountant
> I to II to III, or similarly designated steps. Descriptions of your
> system and comments on its strengths and weaknesses would be
> especially welcome. I suspect the topic may be of interest to many
> on the list, but please feel free to respond to me directly.
>
> Sharon Jackiw, Associate Director
> Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
> University of Maine
> 5717 Corbett Hall
> Orono ME 04469-5717
> phone 207.581.1480
> fax   207.581.1446
> xxxxxx@maine.edu

Julie B. Cole
Executive Director
Division of Research Programs and Partnerships
Wake Forest University
336/758-5888
336/758-1959 FAX
xxxxxx@wfu.edu