Re: taxability in Korea - ETRI Jessica Lapp 16 May 2001 14:33 EST

Craig:

Is this the same sponsor as Roger Lee's project?  Was there a tax clause in
that agreement as well?

Jessica

Matt Clark wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've got an agreement from ETRI (Electronics and Telecommunication Research
> Institute) located in the Republic of Korea.  They've got a clause which
> says any taxes imposed in Korea on the payment made to us under this
> agreement shall be borne by us.
>
> I'm having a hard time getting rid of that clause and, worse yet, ETRI
> cannot even tell me what kind of tax hit we might take.
>
> Advice?  Has anyone dealt with this organization or this type of situation
> before?
>
> Thanks,
> -Matt
>
> Matthew E. Clark, JD
> Director, Office of Sponsored Programs Administration
> 2207 Pearson Hall, Suite 15
> Iowa State University
> Ames, IA  50011
> (515)294-5225

Jessica Lapp
Research and Program Officer
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
Foust 251
Central Michigan University
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
phone: (517) 774-1903