Re: paying 12-mth employees Laurie Chamness 07 May 2001 09:53 EST

We would handle this as "salary release" for the 12-month employees who will
work on the project. Include the 12-month employees' salaries in your NSF
budget. The grant will pay the 12-month employees' salaries, which will free up
the salary normally paid by your institution so that it can be used to hire
their replacements.

Laurie

"Vincelli, Diana" wrote:

> Greetings,
> I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this question.  We have  a staff
> director in the area of learning/technology who is applying for NSF support
> for an educational project.  There are 12-month employees who will work on
> this project, and will therefore be diverted from their normal work
> routines.  How can we include money in the budget to hire someone to do the
> work which the regular employees are being taken away from so they can work
> on this project?  In the faculty world, this would mean hiring an adjunct,
> but in the administrative/education technology world, how do we handle?
> Thanks for your ideas,
> Diana Thompson Vincelli
> Associate Director
> Office of Foundation & Government Grants
> Room G-14, Maryland Hall
> University of Richmond, VA  23173
> 804/289-8005, 804/287-6491 fax
> xxxxxx@richmond.edu
> www.richmond.edu/~grants

Laurie P. Chamness                   Phone:  (843) 953-4973
Assistant Director                       Fax:  (843) 953-6577
Research & Grants Admin          E-mail:  xxxxxx@cofc.edu
College of Charleston
66 George Street
Charleston, SC  29424