Out of office (was Re: [RESADM-L] Human Research Issues Conference in Charleston in June) Herbert B. Chermside 03 May 2001 06:41 EST
At 04:04 PM 4/25/01 -0400, you wrote:
>ATTENTION          ATTENTION          ATTENTION          ATTENTION
>
>Register now for the upcoming conference, "Current Human Research Issues
>and Solutions: Regulatory Overview and Hot Topics," to be held in
>Charleston, South Carolina, on June 21-22, 2001!  (Conference brochure and
>registration information are available at
><<<http://www.edserv.musc.edu/cme/rhett/OPHR.pdf>http://www.edserv.musc.edu/cme/rhett/OPHR.pdf>>.)
>

>This workshop is part of a national sieries of programs designed for
>anyone involved in the conduct or oversight of research involving human
>participants.  It is jointly sponsored by the Medical University of South
>Carolina and the Office for Human Research Protections in collaboration
>with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the Department of Veterans
>Affairs, South Carolina State University, Trident Health System, the Ralph
>H. Johnson Veterans Administration Medical Center, and the College of
>Charleston.
>
>This two-day session will include regulatory updates and disucssions on
>interpretation of the regulations by OHRP, FDA, and VAHA; an "Ask the
>Feds" session; and special sessions on institutional compliance, the use
>of placebos, recruiting minorities, non-clinical research, HIPPA
>regulations, vulnerable populations, and IRB basics.  The conference will
>end with a panel of federal representatives and workshop faculty in an
>"Ask the Experts" session.
>
>An added plus to a dynamic program that will focus on solutions to
>problems in implementing human participant protection programs is the
>venue--beautiful, historic Charleston, South Carolina...
>
>As as native Charlestonians are fond of saying, this is "where the Ashley
>and the Cooper Rivers come together to form the Atlantic Ocean."
>
>       88ac6.jpg
>   View of Charleston Peninsula, The Battery, and  White Point Gardens
>
>The Mills House Hotel
>(<http://www.millshouse.com>http://www.millshouse.com), site of the
>conference, is in the heart of Charleston's peninsula, a 7.6 square mile
>area of dense urban streets, historic homes, and lush gardens that can
>easily be traversed by foot...
>88b67.jpg
>                      The Charleston Battery--an avenue of historic
> homes--at dusk.
>
>Throughout its history, Charleston has stood as a cultural capital of the
>South.  The performing arts are well represented with a symphony
>orchestra, community theater groups, and several local ballet companies
>performing regularly.  The Gibbes Museum of Art and numerous art
>galleries, along with the abundant examples of architectural excellence
>and craftsmanship, expose residents and tourists to the visual arts.  The
>Charleston Museum, the oldest museum in North America, offers a
>captivating collection of artifacts depicting Lowcountry life from the
>time of the first settlers through the twentieth century.  As in other
> [...]
I will be out of the office until Thursday morning,
 May 3, 2001.
I'll read your mail when I return.
If you need immediate help from VCU's Office of
Sponsored Programs, e-mail the Office at
 xxxxxx@vcu.edu
or telephone 828-6772 and a staff member will assist you.
Chuck
Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
Virginia Commonwealth University
PO BOX 980568