Re: F&A rate on subcontracts Audrey Buck 24 Apr 2001 15:32 EST

Val,

At Penn, we do the same that Jon does.  Our F&A rate is at 58.5%.  If we
have more than one agreement to an institution, we usually take it on the
first $25,000 on each one of the agreements for the first year only.

Audrey

At 04:27 PM 04/24/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Val,
>Virtually all of our subcontracts are on federal grants, so we follow the
>NIH rules:  our regular (on-campus) rate (which is 67%) on the first
>$25,000 of each subcontract, in the first year only.  The only variable
>here is if there are multiple subcontracts to one institution:  some NIH
>institutes allow F&A on each of those subcontracts, some only allow you to
>take it once per institution.  We always try to get it on each subcontract
>however.
>Joni.
>
>At 02:32 PM 4/24/01 -0500, you wrote:
>>Question of the week:
>>
>>I wanted to check to see how other institutions charge F&A on subcontracts.
>>We can only charge F&A on the first $25,000 of a subcontract but do you
>>charge at your on-campus rate or your off-campus rate? And what is your
>>rationale for each?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Val Seaquist
>>Office of Research Administration
>>The University of Alabama in Huntsville

>Jon Hart, Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
>The Rockefeller University
>1230 York Ave.-Box 82, NY, NY 10021-6399
>tel:  (212) 327-8054; fax:  (212) 327-8400

Audrey C. Buck
Senior Contract Administrator
Research Services
Phone:  (215) 573 6709