Re: Certifications Maggie Griscavage 20 Apr 2001 11:20 EST

In one of my previous research lives, the university complied with these
requirements by printing the certification statement directly into
the purchase order - right above the item(s) description. By accepting
the P.O. the vendor automatically assures the institute that it is
in compliance, not disbarred or suspended, etc. This puts the onus on
the vendor, not the university, and reduces time and paperwork.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]On Behalf
Of Riccillo, Claudine
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 12:03 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Certifications

The certifications are for our purchasing department. They have been told by
our state auditors (A-133 audit)that they need to get these certifications
whenever we are buying anything over $100,000 from a vendor. This is not
subrecipient (or subcontract) we have language in our agreements that cover
this. The auditor's are insisting that a universal statement covering the
cerification language is not good enough, that we should have a web page
with a bookmark to each federal agency's specific certifications and have
the vendor sign the specific certification. This is virtually impossible. My
question is how are other institutions handling this?