Re: FW: NEH Summer Stipends Barbara Gray 13 Apr 2001 10:53 EST

We orchestrate the process and assist the nominees in getting their proposals
in, but we do not consider them our sponsored projects and they don't go in our
database because they are individual awards.  After submission, we have nothing
else to do with them.   BG

"Roxey, Donna" wrote:

> > Hi everyone,
>    I processed an NEH summer stipend proposal through our office; and the PI
> is getting the award.  She has told me that the stipend is to go directly to
> her and not through our office.  I called NEH to check this out and was told
> that this is indeed true--that the only reason NEH wants institutions
> involved at the proposal stage is to ensure that only 1 junior and 1 senior
> application is made per institution.  I explained to the NEH official that
> the PI will get the stipend if administered by us, but she stated that the
> stipend is an 'individual' award, that the PI signs the acceptance form and
> is paid directly.  This does help explain why the guidelines request that
> the PI sign the cover sheet, along with the nominating official, but not the
> usual institutional signature.  Our office orchestrated the nomination
> process, so we signed.  Please let me know if you have administered a summer
> stipend, or if these are not handled by your office.
> > Thanks for your assistance!
> > Donna Roxey
> > Donna Roxey, CRA
> > Sponsored Programs Officer 3
> > The Ohio State University Research Foundation
> > 1960 Kenny Road
> > Columbus, OH 43210-1063
> > TEL: 614-292-6471; FAX: 614-292-4315; E-MAIL: xxxxxx@osu.edu

Barbara H. Gray, Director
Office of Research & Grants Administration
College of Charleston
66 George Street
Charleston, SC  29424
Campus Location:  407-G Bell Bldg.
Office: 843.953.5673  Desk: 843.953.5885  Fax:  843.953.6577
e-mail:  xxxxxx@cofc.edu   URL: http://www.orga.cofc.edu/