Re: NACM Conference Experience??? Jenny H. Bradley 12 Apr 2001 07:30 EST

I too can give this conference a strong recommendation.  I attended in May 2000
along with our grant accountant.  It was very good for the two of us to do this
together--to hear the same things, etc.  The conference was well organized and
had a lot of valuable information.  There was only one session that was not
good, and that was obviously the fault of the individual presenters who were ill
prepared.  I agree that it might be overwhelming for someone who is brand new,
but participants come away with a good reference notebook which could refresh
her memory when she needs it.  Also, it's good to meet people from the federal
funding agencies--to put a face with a name. All in all, I think it's a good
thing!

Jenny Bradley

"Atella,Mary" wrote:

> I can give the NACM program a strong recommendation.  I attended their
> conference in Las Vegas in April of 1999 with the intention of getting a
> good overview of the various payment methods that the Feds use.  The
> curriculum sounded very similar to what you list below (and that's a lot to
> cover in 2.5 days).  I found it to be very worthwhile and I remember
> thinking that it would be even better for the actual grant accountant level.
>
> Mary Atella
> Director, Sponsored Programs Services
> Colorado State University
> phone:   (970) 491-2083
> fax:   (970) 491-6147

Jenny H. Bradley
Director of Academic Grants and Foundation Relations
Roanoke College
221 College Lane
Salem, VA  24153

Phone: (540) 375-2409