Re: Workshop Presenters Susan Steiner 02 Apr 2001 19:12 EST

I totally agree.
Susan Steiner, Claremont Graduate University

-----Original Message-----
From: John Cosgrove [mailto:xxxxxx@FORDHAM.EDU]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:12 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Workshop Presenters

On proposal writing - I find mass instruction a waste of time mainly
because people are at such different places in terms of their needs and
abilities. I would make some attempt to find out what they know and don't
know, perhaps a  grants knowledge/ skills checklist with room for  a number
of "other" blank alternatives so they can tell you what you may have
missed.

The best learning is one-on-one with you and/or mentor on an actual
proposal, if you can swing it.

John Cosgrove