Re: Disclosure letters on grant funded positions Mary Watson 02 Apr 2001 15:25 EST

Absolutely.  I believe it is required by law to inform someone if the
position is a 'soft money' position.

Mary Watson

At 03:58 PM 4/2/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>When new personnel are hired using grant funds there is always the chance
>that the position will be lost if the grant funds are lost (which would mean
>they could be laid off or transferred to another area).  Do any of your
>institutions formally disclose this to the applicants, and if so, do you ask
>them to sign a form which indicates that they have been informed of the
>situation?
>
>Also - in some cases a portion of an individuals salary may be composed of
>grant funds, or personnel may be offered increases based on grant funds.  Do
>any of your institutions make it clear to the employee that the loss of
>grant funds could reduce their salary or force them to reduce their hours?
>
>If any of you do provide such letters, I would be interested in seeing them.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Alex

>Alexander Schoen
>Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
>Winthrop-University Hospital
>259 First Street
>Mineola, NY  11501
>Phone: (516) 663-2552
>Fax:     (516) 663-8590

Mary H. Watson
Director, Grants and Contracts
Room 215, Regional Center for Continuing Education
Valdosta State University
Valdosta, GA  31698

229-333-7837 (phone)
229-245-3853 (Fax)