Re: GSA rates Greg Schmidt 17 Mar 2001 22:29 EST

Valerie:

GSA rates are for Off The Shelf (OTS) commodities or services.  Your noticing
machine shops and testing would be appropriate for GSA.  I would find it
difficult to believe that research could be considered in the same sphere as
shovels, ammo, and uniforms.  If you notice, most of the services can be brought
to a unit cost per service, or $X for inputting Y number of persons on a
payroll.  Ask your researchers if they cost $75/hour to produce a definitive
quantity of a discrete unit of original science that the government can use
immediately.  Or, ask them if they want to be equated to payroll clerk, and if
so, the university wants some of their salary rate back.

Greg Schmidt