Re: Proposal limitations?? Starr, Sarah 16 Mar 2001 11:44 EST

Our office of Funding and Research Development at Ohio State manages all
"limited submission" programs.  Depending on the opportunity, they get
handled in various ways.  However, we maintain an online list of all current
limited submission programs which lists both an internal deadline and the
sponsor deadline.  If there are more potential candidates than meet the
limitation we do one of the following:  1) if all of the requests come from
the same college we kick the decision back to the dean; 2) if more than one
college is involved we a) attempt to get the deans to make a joint decision
or b) we put together a committee of relevant PI's who make the decision or
c) we invite all interested parties to meet and they jointly make the
decision.  We also keep a "yearly calendar" of possible upcoming limited
submission programs so that colleges can plan ahead.

Sarah Starr
Director, Office of Funding and Research Development
The Ohio State University Research Foundation
321 Research Foundation Building
1960 Kenny Road
Columbus, OH  43210

(614) 688-5546