Re: Proposal limitations?? Herbert B. Chermside 15 Mar 2001 14:07 EST

This is an academic management decision, what's best for the
institution.  Refer it to the lowest level of academic management that has
responsibility for the various competitors to make the selection.  I find
that if two or more schools are involved, getting the deans to resolve it
works.  It is definitely not an OSP decision matter -- you are paid to do a
lot of unpopular things, but not that one!

Chuck

At 04:21 PM 3/14/01 -0800, you wrote:
>How do you handle this situation:  if a sponsor (NSF for example) allows
>only one proposal submission per institution for a specific RFA, however
>you have two or more faculty who want to submit a proposal.
>
>Is it handled on a first come/first serve basis?  Do you have an internal
>"mini-review" of the proposal by setting an internal deadline date?  What
>happens if faculty member #1  pulls out at the last minute?
>
>You can send your comments directly to me at:  xxxxxx@iit.edu
>
>Thanks!
>~Domenica
>

>*******************************************************************************************************************
>Domenica G. Pappas                              Phone:  312-567-3035
>Assistant Director                              Fax:  312-567-6980
>Office of Sponsored Research                    Email:  xxxxxx@iit.edu
>Illinois Institute of Technology
>3300 S. Federal Street                          Web:  www.iit.edu
>Main Building, Room 301H