Re: Disposition of Research Accounts Hansen, Debra 02 Mar 2001 14:46 EST

At our institution, any residual funds from closed clinical trials that
remain in an investigators account when they leave the institution are
transferred into our pool of unrestricted operating funds.

Debra K. Hansen
Director of Sponsored Programs and Fiscal Affairs
Marshfield Medical Research and Education Foundation,
a Division of Marshfield Clinic
1000 N Oak Avenue - 1R3
Marshfield, WI   54449
715-387-9130
xxxxxx@mfldclin.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Schoen, Alexander [mailto:xxxxxx@WINTHROP.ORG]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 10:49 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Disposition of Research Accounts

Hello,

We're working on refining policy that deals with the disposition of an
investigator's research accounts upon his or her departure from the
institution.  I'd be interested in seeing how some of your institutions deal
with this issue.  As you know, many investigators have residual funds
remaining from clinical trials that they participate in, and the disposition
of such funds can cause some confusion if they leave the institution.

Thank you.

Alex
Alexander Schoen
Director, Office of Sponsored Programs