Re: % effort planner Laurie Chamness 27 Feb 2001 10:24 EST

Our office tracks effort (and proposed effort) using a simple Excel
spreadsheet.  We include the person's name, department, grant name and account
number, start and end dates, type pay (salary release, add pay, cost share,
etc.), dollar amount of pay, base salary percentage, and effort percentage.

Laurie Chamness

"Herbert B. Chermside" wrote:

> Has anyone developed a "% effort" planner?  Just a simple little tool that
> departmental level administration can use for planning, and for
> administering, faculty loads.  For planning, effort can exceed 100% if some
> things are uncertain, for example grants applied for.  For administering
> loads, effort must be limited to 100%, including all effort including
> committed cost sharing.  If someone has one to share, it will save us
> reinventing the wheel.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chuck
> Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
> Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
> Virginia Commonwealth University
> PO BOX 980568
> Richmond, VA  23298-0568
> Express Delivery Only:
>         Sanger Hall, Rm. 1-073
>         11th & Marshall Streets
>         Richmond, VA  23219
> Voice:  804-828-6772
> Fax     804-828-2521
> OFFICE e-mail   xxxxxx@VCU.EDU
> Personal e-mail xxxxxx@vcu.edu
> http://views.vcu.edu/ospa/

Laurie P. Chamness                   Phone:  (843) 953-4973
Assistant Director                       Fax:  (843) 953-6577
Research & Grants Admin          E-mail:  xxxxxx@cofc.edu
College of Charleston
66 George Street
Charleston, SC  29424