Re: Pre-submission review: med schools Moreland, Kim 15 Feb 2001 11:58 EST

Charlie,

I'm on my way out the door to a meeting, but the Hutch has a system in place
that may be similar to the one you've described.  At least in one of our
large divisions, there are committees at the division level that review the
proposals.  And, there are two layers I believe that address proposals with
human subjects -- before the proposal goes to the IRB.

Since I've only been here 6 months, I'm still trying to figure out exactly
what the process is.  Let me know if you need more information.

Kim

Kim Moreland
Director, Grant and Contract Administration
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
1100 Fairview Avenue North, LY 201
Seattle, WA  98109
Phone:  206/667-4868
Fax:  206/667-6221
xxxxxx@fhcrc.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Hathaway [mailto:xxxxxx@AECOM.YU.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 7:10 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Pre-submission review: med schools

Hi-

I would like to hear from any sponsored programs/research support office
with significant NIH funding that either conducts (or requires at the
department level) review of ENTIRE grant proposals (i.e. including ANY kind
of checking of research plan and abstract) prior to submission by someone
other than the principal investigator.

Please email me directly...not to the list.

Thanks to those who have already contributed.

Charlie Hathaway

Charles B. Hathaway, Ph.D., Director
Office of Grant Support
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, NY 10461-1975
Phone: 718 430-3642     Fax: 718 430-8822
email: xxxxxx@aecom.yu.edu
http://www.aecom.yu.edu/ogs