Re: Electronic approval or singature on Effort Reports Matthew Clark 26 Jan 2001 14:02 EST

If it's OK, could we expand this discussion to include all electronic
routing?  We're considering developing an in-house approval/routing
system.  We're at the "focus group and beginning spec-writing" stage.

Also, on a related note, has anyone attempted to submit proposals to *any*
funding agencies (federal or not) with digitized signatures?  Banks cash
checks all the time with a digitized signatures of institutional
comptrollers, but how far have we come with respect to acceptance of
electronic proposal endorsement?

I realize that these issues may have been discussed at the various ERA
meetings, but  haven't been able to attend.

Any information you offer would be appreciated.

-Matt

At 01:40 PM 1/26/01 -0500, you wrote:
>The University of Delaware is looking at revising its current effort
>reporting system.  We are currently using the "after-the-fact Activity
>reporting" method and we require hard copy signatures from both the
>employee and their supervisor. A-21 states that the reports require
>sigantures. Are electronic signatures or approvals acceptable?  Are
>there any schools who are routing their effort reports electronically
>for signature or approval?
>   Thank you,
>Gerri Hobbs

Matthew E. Clark, JD
Director, Office of Sponsored Programs Administration
Iowa State University
(515)294-5225