Re: Animals in research CREA CATHARINE 24 Jan 2001 17:33 EST

Nancy,

I don't know that there is a list but the regs apply to VERTEBRATE animals.
For example,
our IACUC reviews projects involving fish but not leeches.

Catharine Crea
Associate Dean for Research Administration
New York Medical College
Valhalla, New York 10595
phone:  (914)594-4480
fax:  (914)594-4694
email:  xxxxxx@nymc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Nancy Peterson [mailto:xxxxxx@WINONA.MSUS.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 4:59 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Animals in research

Does anyone know where I can get a list of specific animals that are
covered by the PHS regulations?

I have some faculty "arguing" over the requirements for fish, snakes, birds
and iguanas, and I'm not having much luck going through the regs and the
Guide....

Nancy Kay Peterson
Director of Grants & Sponsored Projects
Somsen Hall Room 202-C