Re: Compensation for Employees/Nonemployees Peggy Sandoe 17 Jan 2001 14:28 EST

When I say "employees who participate" I mean subjects of the research (participants who volunteer to be part of the study)
This is not a clinical trial. This is an NIMH funded study which is in it's twenty-second year.

>>> xxxxxx@MAIL.ROCKEFELLER.EDU - 1/17/01 11:40 AM >>>
When you say "employees who participate" do you mean researchers or
subjects of the research (volunteers)?
If these are employees who are volunteering to be subjects in a clinical
trial (is this it?), no I have never heard of this before.  I would think
that if they are responding to an announcement of a clinical trial, that
they are doing so not as employees but as private citizens.  I would also
think that if there is any connection between being a subject in a clinical
trial and being an employee (unless you are looking at workplace safety or
the like),  a connection could possibly be coercive and unlikely to be
approved by your IRB.  I may be totally off the mark here but I must admit
I don't fully understand the situation.
Joni