Re: Compensation for Employees/Nonemployees Jon Hart 17 Jan 2001 11:40 EST

When you say "employees who participate" do you mean researchers or
subjects of the research (volunteers)?
If these are employees who are volunteering to be subjects in a clinical
trial (is this it?), no I have never heard of this before.  I would think
that if they are responding to an announcement of a clinical trial, that
they are doing so not as employees but as private citizens.  I would also
think that if there is any connection between being a subject in a clinical
trial and being an employee (unless you are looking at workplace safety or
the like),  a connection could possibly be coercive and unlikely to be
approved by your IRB.  I may be totally off the mark here but I must admit
I don't fully understand the situation.
Joni