Re: Qualifications DeBondt, Lawrence S 16 Jan 2001 14:21 EST

Are questions normally asked if a person has a degree with other "sign-off"
authorization?  How would the grantors know this woman does not have a
degree?  I would imagine that if the university is comfortable giving her
"sign-off" authority it shouldn't matter to any grantor.

Larry S. DeBondt
Financial Manager, Grants & Contracts
University of Houston
College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
xxxxxx@uh.edu <mailto:xxxxxx@uh.edu>
713 743-3863  Voice
713 743-0091  FAX

-----Original Message-----
From: John Cosgrove [mailto:xxxxxx@FORDHAM.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 1:04 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Qualifications

We have a woman on staff who is extremely capable with years of experience
in grant management in whom we are considering giving "sign-off" authority
on out going applications. No one questions her ability but someone
recently has questioned how this might look to certain grantors because the
woman does not have a degree.

What do you think?

John Cosgrove, Director of the Office of Research
Fordham University