Re: Peoplesoft Projects Modular Jane Prudhomme 11 Jan 2001 11:15 EST

Gerri,
 University of New Orleans (and actually the whole LSU System) is in the
process of installing the various modules of Peoplesoft.  I'm not an
accountant so can't say exactly how the functions & modules are classified
by the software, but I know we have Payroll and General Ledger up and
running.  There might be more in the background that I'm unaware.  The
General Ledger provides us in research administration (and PI's) some
things in general accounting that are useful, however, my understanding of
the real "bread & butter" that we need, i.e. Proposal Tracking is
w-a-a-a-y far from implementation.  Anyone out there know about this?
Our dilemma is going to be that we have now 5 years of accumulated data in
the system we are using that will somehow need to be converted.  I believe
the grants tracking functions of Peoplesoft are still "vaporware" (I could
be wrong on this, have not investigated in a while), but aside from the
basic functionality of that module, the conversion process is going to be
our real issue.  Thus I'm interested in the responses to your inquiry.

- Jane Prudhomme

 ***************************************
 Jane E. Prudhomme, M.A., M.S.
 Asst. Vice Chancellor,