salary cap Rich Chiriatti 02 Jan 2001 16:02 EST

I believe the 2001 Executive Salary Schedule has been set. The 2001 Annual Rate for Level I is $161,200.  See the U.S. Office of Personnel Management web site:

http://www3.opm.gov/oca/01tables/execses/html/01execsc.htm

Is it the consensus of the listserve members to use this rate immediately, or wait for it to be posted on the NIH Guide?

Rich

Richard Chiriatti, CRA
Senior Grants Administrator
Office of Research Grants and Budgets
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research
5 Cambridge Center, Room 627
Cambridge, MA  02142-1493
Phone: (617) 258-5018
Fax: (617) 258-5121
E-mail: xxxxxx@wi.mit.edu

Date:    Thu, 28 Dec 2000 09:23:09 -0500
From:    Peter Koch <xxxxxx@CHMCC.ORG>
Subject: NIH APPROPRIATION

--=_82D9FED7.89E8A139

I assume everyone is aware that the Labor-HHS bill, which funds NIH, has =
been approved. Did anyone else notice that the legislated salary cap for =
NIH and SAMHSA in H.R. 5656, the bill incorporated in the omnibus spending =
bill enacted last week, was changed from Level II to Level I?  This would =
change it from $141,300 to $157,0000, according to current salary tables.  =
The levels themselves may also go up January 1, 2001.  Is anyone using the =
new cap in grant applications?  If so, the $157,000 or $157,000 plus some =
expected increase?  I had heard little speculation about the levels =
changing and I have not yet seen anything from NIH/SAMHSA about the =
change.

Thanks.

 -  Pete

Peter C. Koch, MBA