Re: Post doc and Res.Associate Defined Charlie Hathaway 27 Dec 2000 11:44 EST

Yes!  Chuck is right.  It certainly is not just semantics here and I misspoke on the payroll issue.  My point was that regardless of the different accounting mechanisms for handling postdoc "trainees" vs. postdoc "workers" (stipend, salary, FICA, etc) an institution can strive to make "life" the same for all postdocs.