Re: Subcontracts for subprojects Herbert B. Chermside 15 Dec 2000 14:48 EST

I work on the principle that our technical rep is the individual who can
determine the adequacy of the sub's performance.  Our technical rep has to
approve the payments, so there is a reasonable amount of control.  Of
course, our technical rep cannot be arbitrary, but, on the other hand,
should be conscientious about reviewing performance and giving the sub
feedback regarding any reasonable dissatisfaction.

Chuck

At 07:42 AM 12/15/00 -0600, you wrote:
>A single grant award supports several subprojects, and some of them have
>subcontracts.  In the subcontracts, who do you name as your technical
>rep--the PI of the parent award or the PI of the subproject to which the
>collaborator is attached?
>
>Peter J. Dolce, Ph.D., Director
>Office of Research Support Services
>Meharry Medical College