Re: Written Financial Reports to investigators Dawn Willan 22 Nov 2000 14:49 EST

We switched to on-line daily reporting from monthly paper reports a
little over two years ago.  Because I was not at my current institution
at the time of conversion I can't attest to the initial reaction from
the departments.  I came on board shortly after the switch, and have
heard no complaints from the field.

My previous institution provided both on-line and paper reports.  I'm
pretty sure they weren't giving up the paper because not all departments
had the capability of going on line at the time.

Douglas Kroll wrote:

> We have just switched over from providing monthly paper reports, to
> requiring PI's to access their account on-line.  Overall, I think it is
> going well, but it will be easier to tell how the change has impacted
> campus after an extended period of time (the switch just happened in
> October).  Many of our PI's only look at their account once or twice a year
> (if that often), so it will be interesting to see how they react once they
> realize that they are no longer receiving printed reports.
>
> I am not aware of any regulations that require the issuance of printed
> financial reports.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Doug
>
>    At 12:55 PM 11/22/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >At my institution we are considering providing financial reports to
> >investigators exclusively on line.  We currently provide a monthly
> >financial statement for each project.  I have two questions for the group:
> >
> >1) Is there any regulatory requirement that says we must provide paper
> >financial reports to investigators?  (I have looked at A110, A122 and some
> >agency guidelines and have not been able to find any such requirement.)
> >
> >2) Has anyone discontinued paper reports in favor of on line reports and
> >how was the change ultimately perceived?
> >]
> >As always, thanks for your input--
> >
> >Michael Pelletier
> >Grant and Contract Administrator
> >Education Development Center

> Douglas J. Kroll, CPA
> Compliance Manager
> Research & Sponsored Programs Accounting
> phone - 631-5437
> fax - 631-8549

Dawn Willan
Director of Budget and Financial Reporting
Office of Budget and Finance
The College of New Jersey
PO Box 7718
Ewing, NJ 08628-0718