Re: Written Financial Reports to investigators Douglas Kroll 22 Nov 2000 14:06 EST

We have just switched over from providing monthly paper reports, to
requiring PI's to access their account on-line.  Overall, I think it is
going well, but it will be easier to tell how the change has impacted
campus after an extended period of time (the switch just happened in
October).  Many of our PI's only look at their account once or twice a year
(if that often), so it will be interesting to see how they react once they
realize that they are no longer receiving printed reports.

I am not aware of any regulations that require the issuance of printed
financial reports.

Hope this helps.

Doug

 At 12:55 PM 11/22/00 -0500, you wrote:
>At my institution we are considering providing financial reports to
>investigators exclusively on line.  We currently provide a monthly
>financial statement for each project.  I have two questions for the group:
>
>1) Is there any regulatory requirement that says we must provide paper
>financial reports to investigators?  (I have looked at A110, A122 and some
>agency guidelines and have not been able to find any such requirement.)
>
>2) Has anyone discontinued paper reports in favor of on line reports and
>how was the change ultimately perceived?
>]
>As always, thanks for your input--
>
>Michael Pelletier
>Grant and Contract Administrator
>Education Development Center

Douglas J. Kroll, CPA
Compliance Manager
Research & Sponsored Programs Accounting
phone - 631-5437
fax - 631-8549