Re: Institutional fund for matching funds John D. Pepe 01 Nov 2000 16:28 EST

Bill -

We establish a separate account for the cash match and budget by line item.
Our fiscal year budget is a calendar year and the lag between submission and
award on proposals with a cash match provides the opportunity for inclusion
in the next years overall operating budget.

The match is supported by institutional funds, either raised by the
development office or provided by endowment operating support, or a
combination of both.

Whether the institution supports matches that result from an award equitably
across research disciplines is another issue.

John D. Pepe
Controller
Stroud Water Research Center
970 Spencer Road
Avondale, PA 19311-9514

VOICE: (610) 268-2153, ext. 253 FAX: (610) 268-0490 E-MAIL:
xxxxxx@stroudcenter.org