Re: OMB A-122 and Subgrants Addsion Wolcott 24 Oct 2000 15:13 EST

This is interesting. Thanks for all the responses. Some of you have said we
can only get indirects on the first 25K during an entire PROJECT PERIOD not
each budget period, and some of you say we need to change the scope of work
or "tasks" each year before we call it a "new subgrant" and then claim the
indirects on it. Is a change in scope realistic enough during a project
period to warrant changing the subgrant and claiming indirect costs? Are
there other situations that allow deviating from the scope so  much from the
original application that we would turn around and have to re-negotiate the
subgrants? It seems like, from a common sense or perhaps naive perspective,
that changing the scope that much would mean you'd have to go back to the
awarding agency and get the whole thing approved all over again.

Thanks again,

Addison