Re: DOE's Industry Interactive Procurement System BOB 12 Oct 2000 15:45 EST

For a competition earlier this year, I registered on behalf of the
University of Michigan and our office was then contacted for the award and
some modifications.  We told our faculty/staff to forward their proposals
to us and we would submit them.  Only one submitted as it turned out.

Perhaps the agency's experience in the first round, going through the
Grants Office,  led its staff to want direct contact with the PI.  If we
were faced with the situation described, we would again tell the PI that
submissions must come through the Grants office.  We might allow the PI to
submit, after all internal approvals were made, but the registration would
be by the Grants Office.

Bob
Robert Beattie
Manager,  Electronic Research Administration and
 Senior Project Representative
The University of Michigan
xxxxxx@umich.edu

--On Thursday, October 12, 2000 3:18 PM -0400 "Kaars, Charles"