Re: F & A Distributions Barbara Bralver 20 Sep 2000 14:57 EST

Good afternoon:   In an effort to encourage research, the Pres. returns the
following on grants which bear full f&a recoveries only:
9% faculty member's research account
4% department's research account
2% library for research resources.

I hope we will be able to continue to afford to do this. B

.At 02:59 PM 9/20/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello to all:
>
>I'm trying to get my College's administration to re-examine its policy on f
>& distributions to PI's, departments and chairs and would like to have
>better information on the policies at other institutions.  It would be
>helpful to me if your responses would include, if applicable, the following
>details:
>1) Any general guidelines for appropriate expenditures
>2) Are precentages based on total f and a received on an award, or a net
>amount?  If a net amount, how much is taken of the top and for what?
>3) Does your institution distribution idc on all awards which earn idc, or
>are distributions limited to some subset of awards (i.e. just research
>awards, awards at the full federal rate, etc.)
>
>I know policies vary greatly from institution to institution, but it's my
>sense that my college gives away a rather high proportion of f & a in
>comparison to others and I'd like to be able to back this up when the issue
>next comes up for discussion.
>
>Please reply to me directly.  I will gather and colate responses and post
>them to the list when I'm done.
>
>Paul Kran
>Director
>The Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
>Baruch College
>17 Lexington Ave., Box A-1524
>New York, NY 10010
>Ph. 212/802-3028
>Fax 212/802-3023
>Web: www.baruch.cuny.edu/grants

Barbara Bralver
mailto:xxxxxx@alpha.lehman.cuny.edu
For up to the minute grant information online:
http://www.lehman.cuny.edu/grants/