Re: Human Subjects Education II or III or IV Rochelle Athey 18 Sep 2000 12:54 EST

Another question I have is what do we do with subcontractors?  I assume the
key personnel on any subcontract would obtain letters from their
institutions but it would be nice to have NIH clarify.

Rochelle R. Athey
Associate Director
Research Services & Sponsored Programs
330-972-8311
330-972-6281

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]On Behalf
Of Hawk, Pat
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2000 1:03 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: Human Subjects Education II

Now it's entirely possible I missed some of the discussion on this issue,
but the 9/14 "flash" indicates that the cover letter with key personnel,
etc., now needs to be counter-signed by the "institutional official" (this
wasn't in the June notification).

Has anyone determined whether they want the "institutional official" who's
keeping track of the education--e.g., the IRB Coordinator(s)--or the
"institutional official" who's authorized to sign applications?  Just
wondering.

Patricia A. Hawk
Sponsored Projects Administrator
5219 University of Oregon