Re: Director Office of Proposal Development Paula Card-Higginson, ELS 18 Sep 2000 12:26 EST

Alan and Ellen,
 The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Arkansas Cancer
Research Center established the Office of Grants & Scientific Publications
more than 5 years ago. It's mission is to assist faculty in obtaining
extramural research and program funding by providing writing, editing, and
proposal development services. We have grown from a staff of 2 to 8 in the
past 5 years and have helped investigators at our institution obtain funding
for many types of federal and private grants, including R01s, P01s, and an
M01.
 I would be happy to talk to you, or others considering developing similar
groups, about how our office is set up, our reporting lines, main
activities, staff qualifications, and other issues that may affect you as
your proposal development office is created. Please feel free to contact me
directly via e-mail or at the phone number listed below.  Good luck with
your new endeavor!

Paula Card-Higginson, ELS
Director, Office of Grants & Scientific Publications
4301 West Markham, Slot 752
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205
501/686-6004 (phone), 501/686-7861 (fax)
xxxxxx@exchange.uams.edu