Re: Human Subjects Education II Caskey, William PhD. 14 Sep 2000 11:59 EST

1. We have a mixed system. Education has a system for tracing continuing
education credits. For internal courses, the credits are automatically
entered into the system. Each faculty member is responsible for providing a
copy of certificates from external courses to Education; the certificates
will be reviewed and appropriate credit documented in the system. This
database will be able to generate a report documenting the education during
the previous 12 month period based on a query of the faculty member's name.
The report will be attached to a cover letter accompanying a proposal,
progress report, or just-in-time packet as required.

2. Our internal course has an examination that is scored by Research
Compliance and the score is recorded by Education.

3. We deem this to be an institutional responsibility and will assist the
faculty members as necessary, but documentation will be as noted.

4. We'll use a cover letter that will reference the database reports as
indicated; that letter will be signed by me.

Bill Caskey, PhD
Director, Research & Grants Administration
Children's Mercy Hospital
2401 Gillham Road
Kansas City, MO  64108

Voice:(816) 234-3879
FAX:(816) 855-1982
E-mail:  xxxxxx@cmh.edu <mailto:xxxxxx@cmh.edu>

This communication is intended only for the use of the addressee.  It
may contain information which is privileged or confidential under
applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient or the agent of
the recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or
disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please immediately notify The
Children's Mercy Hospital at 816-234-3879 or via return Internet
electronic mail at xxxxxx@cmh.edu <mailto:xxxxxx@cmh.edu>  and expunge
this communication without making any copies.  Thank you for your
cooperation.