Re: Retired Faculty Eligibility for NSF Grant Eileen Corey Sadasiv 25 Aug 2000 07:21 EST

>Colleagues, I need some advice on whether a retired faculty member is
>eligible to apply for NSF support.  He's a mathematician who needs no
>facilities or resources that involve the university;  basically, he wants
>a stipend, some travel money, a computer, and some clerical support.  I'd
>appreciate any advice or comment on whether he's eligible and whether any
>of you have been successful in getting funding for retired faculty.  He
>has had NSF and NSA grants in the past and is quite well known in his
>field.

One of our professor emeriti has had NSF support.

Eileen C. Sadasiv, Ph. D., Proposal Developer
The Research Office, Division of Research Development
University of Rhode Island
70 Lower College Rd.                   Phone: 401-874-5857
Kingston, RI  O2881-0807   USA    FAX:   401-874-7044