Re: Retired Faculty Eligibility for NSF Grant Domenica G. Pappas 24 Aug 2000 18:32 EST

At 05:24 PM 8/24/00 -0400, you wrote:
>We have a retired faculty member who is co-PI of one of our largest grants
>from NSF.  We have provided an office, his co-PI is currently on the
>faculty.
>
>The chair, dean, and vice president agreed that the project was appropriate
>for the university.  So, it is still a matter that the university is
>eligible and that we have indicated that he would be a the first of 2
>co-PI's.  Janet
>
>At 02:21 PM 8/24/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >Colleagues, I need some advice on whether a retired faculty member is
>eligible to apply for NSF support.  He's a mathematician who needs no
>facilities or resources that involve the university;  basically, he wants a
>stipend, some travel money, a computer, and some clerical support.  I'd
>appreciate any advice or comment on whether he's eligible and whether any
>of you have been successful in getting funding for retired faculty.  He has
>had NSF and NSA grants in the past and is quite well known in his field.

>Janet M. Hahn, C.R.A.                   xxxxxx@radford.edu
>Executive Director                      phone: 540-831-5035
>Grants & Sponsored Programs             fax: 540-831-6636
>Radford University
>Radford, VA 24142-6926                  http://www.runet.edu/~sponsrpr/

I will be out of the office through Friday, August 25th.  I will return on
Monday, August 28th.

If you need assistance, please contact Ms. Janice Haney at (312)  567-3035.

Thank you.

Domenica G. Pappas                              Phone 312-567-3035
Assistant Director                              Fax 312-567-6980
Office of Sponsored Research                    xxxxxx@iit.edu
Illinois Institute of Technology
3300 S. Federal Street,  MB Rm 301
Chicago, IL 60616-3793