Re: InfoEd question Peter Herrick 23 Aug 2000 11:22 EST

There is an InfoOffice Listserve, but it's underused. Since 6/6/2000, I've received a whopping 5 messages through it. But I think I've discovered why it's underused: it's almost invisible. Messages contain no footer explaining how to subscribe or unsubscribe and (since I don't remember how I got on it) I was not successful in finding any references or help pertaining to it on the InfoEd websites.... so I called them.

Here's how to get on the listserve:

"Send an email to xxxxxx@perl95.infoed.org with SUBSCRIBE INFOED in the subject and the body. You will get back an email with a set of instructions on what you can do from there."
(Emailed direct from the good people at InfoEd)

Peter

------------------------------
"Matthew E. Clark" wrote:

> Speaking of InfoEd, is there a User Group Listserv?  Is anyone willing to start one?  I think it would be a good idea, especially as the rug is pulled out from under us and we are forced to migrate over to the web-based version.
>
> Issues like the one discussed below might be of primary interest to Data Administrators or other technical folks who do not subscribe to this Research Administrators Listserv and who could either benefit from or enhance the discussions of the InfoEd products.
>
> -Matt
>
> Carol Brodie wrote:
>
> > I contacted InfoEd this morning because, while doing some testing during our trial subscription, I found I was getting duplicate results no matter what keyword I searched on.  The answer was that there was a problem in the old SPIN, and that I should try the new version.  I did, and didn't have the problem there.  They said they've been hearing from many users today about problems, and that they're working on it......
> >
> > Carol Brodie
> > Sponsored Programs Administrator
> > University of the Pacific

> > Has anyone else been having trouble with InfoEd's SPIN database?  Specifically, I have been unable to "save to file" any report I might generate.
> >
> > The problem has been occurring since Friday.  Before ratcheting my outrage to the next plateau, I'd like to confirm that others are experiencing the same problem.
> >
> > Christopher P. Aubry
> > Coordinator, Electronic Grants
> > Office of Rsrch Admin & Advncmnt
> > 2114 Lee Building, UMCP
> > College Park, MD  20742-5141
> > Phone: (301) 405-4179
> > Fax:  (301) 314-9569
> > E-mail:  xxxxxx@umresearch.umd.edu

Peter Herrick
Assistant Director for Program Development
Office of Research Administration
Boston College
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467