Re: Funding Opportunity Products Dean,Nancy N. 17 Aug 2000 16:09 EST

Carol,
 I use SPIN here at The University of Connecticut Health Center. I
absolutely love it! It is extremely user friendly.  We publish a monthly
deadline report from the information that I generate through SPIN.
 I also run individual searches to find funding opportunities for our
faculty and postdocs in their area of expertise.

 The customer service is EXCELLENT and their staff is pleasant and if
very knowledgeable!

Regards,

Nancy Dean
Office of Research & Sponsored Programs
UCHC
263 Farmington Ave
ASB #3 - MC5355
Farmington, CT 06030
860-679-4397 (tel)
860-679-2670 (fax)
xxxxxx@nso1.uchc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Brodie [mailto:xxxxxx@UOP.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2000 2:46 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Funding Opportunity Products

Hello, all.  I am in the process of trying to select a funding-opportunity
database, and have come to the point where I'm trying to decide between two
products.  We've had free trials with three - and have narrowed it down to
either SPIN or GrantSelect.   I'd love to hear from administrators who have
experience with one or both of these products - what do/did you like about
the product?  Dislike?  How is their customer service, etc?

I realize that vendors probably subscribe to this list, but I do just want
to hear from users.

You can reply to me directly at
xxxxxx@uop.edu

Thanks for any advice you can give!  And please, if this is not the
appropriate place to ask this question, just let me know.

Carol A. Brodie
Sponsored Programs Administrator
University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Ave.
Stockton, CA  95211
Phone:  209-946-7356     Fax:  209-946-2858
xxxxxx@uop.edu