Re: acrobat 4.0 problems in FASTLANE Denise Ehlen 11 Aug 2000 09:09 EST

NSF has posted useful (and fairly user-friendly) instructions on utilizing Acrobat
4.x on the web at http://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/a1/pdfcreat.htm.  I currently use
Acrobat 4.x in submissions and have had no difficulties.  I would be happy to
provide assistance if you need it.

Mary Farnham wrote:

>  HELP!!!!!
> We are in the process of submitting a FASTLANE application to NSF and are having
> the following difficulty.  Any help you can offer would be greatly
> appreciated--ASAP!   We have combined three files into one PDF file in Distiller
> 4.03 from the original documents .  One was a Powerpoint file and two were Word
> files (heavy on graphics).  We are not having any difficulty with straight text
> files.  We are getting an error message from FASTLANE (see below).  Distiller
> was set to the FASTLANE option when the documents were created.  Has anyone
> experienced a similar problem with FASTLANE? (We are waiting for word from the
> FASTLANE helpdesk, but are desperate for any assistance.)
>
> This is the FASTLANE message we're receiving:
>
> "Your file has NOT been uploaded. This PDF file is in native Adobe Acrobat 4.0
> format,which may be incompatible with the NSF's systems. Please regenerate this
> PDF file in Acrobat 3.0 format and resubmit it. "
>
> Mary Laura Farnham, Director
> Office of Sponsored Programs & Research
> University of Nebraska at Omaha
> 6001 Dodge Street
> Omaha, Nebraska 68182-0210
> (402) 554-2286 (voice)
> (402) 554-3698 (fax)
> xxxxxx@unomaha.edu
> http://www.unomaha.edu/~wwwspr/osp.html

Denise Ehlen, Research Administrator
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
2047 Roseman, 800 West Main Street
Whitewater, WI 53190

Tel:  262.472.5212